at Missenden Abbey 1983-88
by YVONNE EDWARDS, JILL HENDER AND MARION WELLS
Published by the Bucks Archaeological Society in 2018
The great monastery of Missenden Abbey was founded in 1133, but dissolved by Henry VIII in 1538. Its church and cloister were destroyed, and the remaining buildings changed greatly.
This 120-page report sums up the finds and discoveries made by archaeologists since 1983, giving insights into the monastic community which once ruled the Misbourne valley.
120 pages with 6 maps and plans, 48 drawings and 27 colour photographs.
Published as Records of Buckinghamshire volume 58 part 2.
£12.00 plus £2.50 postage