Join us if you are into local history or archaeology
Benefits of joining
- A copy of the Society’s journal , Records of Buckinghamshire, published in May every year with up-to-date historical research articles and archaeological excavation reports.
- Newsletters in Spring and Autumn with details of Society events and activities.
- Access to the Society’s Library and Archives and support for research into all aspects of local history and archaeology.
- A free lecture series in Aylesbury every Winter. This is currently running on-line because of the Covid-19 epidemic.
- Outings to historic buildings and archaeological sites in Summer.
- Opportunities to play an active part in the Society through its Active Archaeology Group, the Buckinghamshire Local History Network, and other ad hoc research groups.
FOR THE COUNTY, INCLUDING MILTON KEYNES:
- Support from the society in identifying, understanding, promoting and where necessary defending and protecting Buckinghamshire’s historic environment.
- Assistance in the preservation of important archives on the county’s history and archaeology.
- Support for the County Museum, with its local collections started by the Society
Please support the Society
in these activities by joining us.
How to join
Annual Subscription rates
Family (two or more people living at the same address and their children under 18)
|Junior – with Journal||£12|
|Junior – without Journal||£6|
Join the Society
- If you are a member and need to renew, alter or have a query about your membership, please email the Membership Secretary.
Make the most of your membership
Are you using the facilities, activities and events of the Society as much to your benefit as you perhaps could?
Collectively members contribute to the understanding and preservation of the county’s historic assets through the Active Archaeology Group, the Buckinghamshire Local History Network and the annual Records of Buckinghamshire and other publications.
The society also responds to members’ suggestions and initiatives CLICK HERE TO View the results of the BAS Members’ Survey 2011. Another survey is in progress.
Members and non-members can be linked to our email news stream, which gives you notification of forthcoming events organized by this and by other local societies. To join complete the form below.
Click if you wish to unsubscribe .